Open for Enrollment: 2022 YSEALI Learns Fall Semester (Building Organization Series)
The last semester of YSEALI Learns 2022 is finally here! We are excited to announce the launch of the YSEALI Learns Fall Semester online courses that you can take with other young leaders from Southeast Asia to learn the A to Z of developing organizations! Check out the details below.
YSEALI Learns Online Course: Fall Semester – Building Organization Series
Are you passionate about learning and have self-discipline to commit to online learning about building an organization? Are you interested in building a network through collaboration and partnership with other Southeast Asian participants? If yes, then keep on reading about this opportunity we are excited to offer for YSEALI members!
The YSEALI Learns semester comprises three semesters (Winter, Summer, Fall) with different themes. Each learning session will be facilitated by an expert speaker followed by small breakout room discussions.
The Fall Semester will focus on developing organization through 2 YSEALI Learns online courses:
- Creating and Maintaining Social Enterprises (4 sessions): You will learn about the best practices in developing non-governmental organizations (NGOs) including partnering with the private sector and government, meeting the needs of a community, and effective youth advocacy.
- Fundraising Concept (4 sessions): This course will examine the key principles of fundraising with instruction on creating and implementing strategic fundraising plans, designing and executing marketing and communication strategies, and the difference between fundraising for non-profit and for-profit organizations.
Interested applicants may either choose one course or commit to both but must commit to attend all the sessions in order to receive an e-certificate of completion.
The learning session will happen every Wednesday and Thursday evening for two hours through Zoom (session links will be shared one week before the session.)
- Creating and Maintaining Social Enterprise : September (2 weeks)
- Fundraising Concept: October (2 weeks)
Applicants must be:
- Ages between 18 – 35 (at the time of application and semester)
- Citizen of one of the following YSEALI countries: Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste or Vietnam
- Passionate with self-discipline to commit to the online learning and have a keen interest in building a network through collaboration and partnership with other Southeast Asian countries
- Must commit to the full duration of the online courses
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Must commit to interact in the small group breakout room sessions during the courses. Failure to do so will result in the inability to receive a certificate of completion
- Has completed the prerequisite YSEALI Learns course: Strategies for Personal Growth and Development (3 sessions) and must send the certificate as proof of completion.
How Can I Enroll?
Apply before August 22, 2022. Please note that:
- The sessions are fully virtual and you are expected to attend and interact in all the lessons to graduate the course.
- These courses are fully funded by the U.S. Department of State through a grant from the U.S. Mission to ASEAN.
- Selected participants will be notified by August 26, 2022.
- Please note that this course has limited seats available.
For questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org