Open for Enrollment: YSEALI Learns 2023
The YSEALI Learns Virtual Courses is back with new courses! We are excited to announce the launch of the 2023 YSEALI Learns Virtual Courses that you can take with other young leaders from Southeast Asia and learn the A to Z of community development, youth empowerment and climate action! Check out the details below.
YSEALI Learns 2023 Virtual Courses
Are you passionate about learning and have self-discipline to commit to online learning about building an organization? Are you interested in building a network through collaboration and partnership with other Southeast Asian participants? If yes, then keep on reading about this opportunity we are excited to offer for YSEALI members!
The 2023 YSEALI Learns semester comprises only one semester with 3 different topics for each course. Each session will be facilitated by an expert speaker followed by small breakout room discussions.
The YSEALI Learns 2023 will focus on developing organizations and self through three YSEALI Learns online courses:
- Community Organizing for Action (4 sessions): You will learn about how to inspire and engage volunteers to be proactive in their communities and organize grassroots campaigns as it is essential to the success of most non-governmental organizations involved in community development.
- Understanding Climate Change (4 sessions): This course will examine how climate change occurs, the impact it has on the environment and human development, and the practical and innovative solutions to address its causes.
- Developing, Mentoring, and Supporting Youth Leadership (3 sessions): You will learn to help create an effective and lasting effort to lead your youth community toward positive outcomes by curating strategies and programs, resources, how to overcome the challenges with conflict management, and best practices around youth development.
Interested applicants may either choose one course or commit to both but must commit to attend all the sessions in order to receive an e-certificate of completion.
The course sessions will happen every Wednesday and Thursday evening for two hours through Zoom (session links will be shared one week before the session.)
- Community Organizing for Action : May (2 weeks)
- Understanding Climate Change: June (2 weeks)
- Developing, Mentoring, and Supporting Youth Leadership: July (2 weeks)
Applicants must be:
- Ages between 18 – 35 (at the time of application and semester)
- Citizen of one of the following YSEALI countries: Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste, or Vietnam
- Passionate with self-discipline to commit to online learning and have a keen interest in building a network through collaboration and partnership with other Southeast Asian countries
- Demonstrate experience and strong passion (professional / volunteer) in youth empowerment & climate action field.
- Must commit to the full duration of the online courses
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Must commit to interacting during the courses’ small group breakout room sessions. Failure to do so will result in the inability to receive a certificate of completion
- Has completed the prerequisite YSEALI Learns course: Strategies for Personal Growth and Development (3 sessions) and must send the certificate as proof of completion.
How Can I Enroll?
Enroll before April 27, 2023.
Please note that:
- The sessions are fully virtual and you are expected to attend and interact in all the lessons to graduate the course.
- These courses are fully funded by the U.S. Department of State through a grant from the U.S. Mission to ASEAN.
- Selected participants will be notified by 2 weeks prior to the course date. Priority will be given to those who have not been on a YSEALI Learns Virtual Course before.
- Please note that this course is limited to 100 participants per course.
For questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org