What Is It?
The YSEALI Professional Fellows Program provides emerging leaders ages 25-35 the opportunity to spend five weeks in the United States, including four weeks working directly with American counterparts in individually tailored work placements with relevant private and/or public sector organizations. During these placements, Fellows build their practical expertise, leadership skills, and professional networks. The YSEALI Professional Fellows Program offers exchange opportunities under the following themes:
- Civic Engagement (designed for emerging civil society/NGO leaders who focus on underrepresented populations).
- Economic Empowerment (designed for emerging entrepreneurs and community leaders who focus on economic development).
- Governance and Society (designed for emerging policymakers, political leaders, public administrators, journalists and NGO leaders who focus on legislative/governance processes and practices).
- Sustainable Development and the Environment (designed for emerging urban and green space planners, planning and sustainability directors, natural resource managers, and other private and public sector leaders who focus on sustainable development and environmental issues).
New PFP Cycle Information
The YSEALI PFP will be administered in two cycles in 2022. Applicants will only participate in one cycle and can indicate their preferred cycle in their application.
- Cycle 1: Virtual activities will begin in February 2022. The U.S.-based exchange is tentatively scheduled for June 13 – July 22, 2022 (pending travel restrictions).
- Cycle 2: Virtual activities will begin in May 2022. The U.S.-based exchange is tentatively scheduled for September 12 – October 21, 2022 (pending travel restrictions).
How Can I Apply?
Applications are open from October 1 – November 15, 2021. All applicants will receive an automated confirmation email upon submission of the application. The selection team will notify all applicants of their status by email in mid-December, whether they have been selected to proceed to the next round of selection or they were not selected.
Read the FAQs and download the YSEALI PFP flyer here.