What Is It?
The YSEALI Professional Fellows Program provides emerging leaders ages 25-35 the opportunity to spend five weeks in the United States, including four weeks working directly with American counterparts in individually tailored work placements with relevant private and/or public sector organizations. During these placements, Fellows build their practical expertise, leadership skills, and professional networks. The YSEALI Professional Fellows Program offers exchange opportunities under the following themes:
- Civic Engagement (designed for emerging civil society/NGO leaders who focus on underrepresented populations).
- Economic Empowerment (designed for emerging entrepreneurs and community leaders who focus on economic development).
- Governance and Society (designed for emerging policymakers, political leaders, public administrators, journalists and NGO leaders who focus on legislative/governance processes and practices).
- Sustainable Development and the Environment (designed for emerging urban and green space planners, planning and sustainability directors, natural resource managers, and other private and public sector leaders who focus on sustainable development and environmental issues).
YSEALI PFP will continue to be offered as a hybrid in-person/ virtual program with contingency plans that will allow the program to pivot to all-virtual programming in the event future travel is not possible for some and/or all the program participants due to the pandemic. This rendition of YSEALI PFP will include substantive virtual activities that will be tentatively followed by a six-week U.S.-based exchange.
New PFP Cycle Information
The YSEALI PFP will be administered in two cycles in 2023. Applicants will only participate in one cycle and can indicate their preferred cycle in their application.
There will be one application for all four YSEALI PFP themes and two program cycles, with in-person programming tentatively scheduled in 2023: for April-June (cycle 1) and September-October (cycle 2). Applicants will be able to select their preferred theme and program cycle in the application.
- Cycle 1: Feb-April 2023 Hybrid program virtual activities take place; April-June, 2023, Cycle 1 Institutes in U.S.
- Cycle 2: June-August 2023 Hybrid program virtual activities take place; September-October 2023, Cycle 2 Institutes in U.S.
How Can I Apply?
The call for applications are now closed. All applicants will receive an automated confirmation email upon submission of the application. The selection team will notify all applicants of their status by email in late-December, whether they have been selected to proceed to the next round of selection or they were not selected.
Read the FAQs and download the YSEALI PFP flyer here.
Visit www.ysealipfp.org to learn more and apply today! For more questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.