Are you passionate about learning and have self-discipline to commit to online learning in the Business and Entrepreneurship field? Are you interested in building a network through collaboration and partnership with other Southeast Asian participants? If yes, then keep on reading about this new opportunity we are excited to offer for YSEALI members!
The YSEALI LEARNS semester comprises three semesters (Winter, Summer, Fall) with different themes. Each learning session will be facilitated by an expert speaker followed by small breakout room discussions.
The Winter semester will focus on entrepreneurship through 2 YSEALI Learns online courses:
- Fundamentals of Starting and Running a Business (4 sessions): This course will examine and elaborate on the critical aspects of entrepreneurship, from the process of developing a business, to how to identify and expand in the marketplace and how to pitch to new investors.
- Fundamentals of Business Expansion (3 sessions): You will learn about how to raise capital and realize growth by using your business model to assess new markets and potential dates for expansion.
Interested applicants may either choose one course or commit to both but must commit to attend all the sessions in order to receive an e-certificate of completion.
The learning session will happen every Wednesday and Thursday evening for two hours through Zoom. (Session links will be shared one week before the session)
- The Fundamentals of Starting and Running a Business: February (2 weeks)
- The Fundamentals of Business Expansion: March (2 weeks)
Applicants must be:
- YSEALI Members (register at yseali.state.gov)
- Ages between 18 – 35 (at the time of application and semester)
- Citizen and currently residing in one of the following YSEALI countries: Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste or Vietnam
- If you are a citizen of one of the YSEALI countries but you are currently residing outside of ASEAN or Timor-Leste, you may apply if you plan on returning to Southeast Asia
- Passionate with self-discipline to commit to the online learning and have a keen interest in building a network through collaboration and partnership with other Southeast Asian countries
- Must commit to the full duration of the online courses
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Must commit to interact in the small group breakout room sessions during the courses. Failure to do so will result in the inability to receive a certificate of completion
- Has completed the prerequisite YSEALI Learns course: Strategies for Personal Growth and Development (3 sessions) and must send the certificate as proof of completion
How Can I Enroll?
Apply before Dec 18, 2021. Please note that:
- The sessions are fully virtual and you are expected to attend and interact in all the lessons to graduate the course.
- These courses are fully funded.
- Selected participants will be notified by the end of January 2022.
- Please note that this course has limited seats available.
For questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org