After the success of the YSEALI Learns Winter Semester virtual course, now we are excited to announce the YSEALI Learns Summer Semester online courses that you can take with other young leaders from Southeast Asia on Civic Engagement! Check out the details below.
YSEALI Learns Online Course: Summer Semester – Civic Engagement Series
Are you passionate about learning and have self-discipline to commit to online learning in the Civic Engagement field? Are you interested in building a network through collaboration and partnership with other Southeast Asian participants? If yes, then keep on reading about this new opportunity we are excited to offer for YSEALI members!
The YSEALI Learns semester comprises three semesters (Winter, Summer, Fall) with different themes. Each learning session will be facilitated by an expert speaker followed by small breakout room discussions.
The Summer semester will focus on civic engagement through 3 YSEALI Learns online courses:
- Community Organizing for Action (4 sessions): You will learn about how to inspire and engage volunteers to be proactive in their communities and organize grassroots campaigns as it is essential to the success of most non-governmental organizations involved in community development.
- Advancing the Role of Women (3 sessions): You will learn about ways men and women can work to increase women’s participation in political processes, advance women’s role in the peace and security of their communities, and create opportunities for women to strive in the workforce and as entrepreneurs.
- Community Journalism (3 sessions): You will learn to examine the foundational principles of journalism and the tools available to effectively create and share stories that matter to your community.
Interested applicants may either choose one course or commit to all but must commit to attend all the sessions in order to receive an e-certificate of completion.
The learning session will happen every Wednesday and Thursday evenings for two hours through Zoom. (Session links will be shared one week before the session)
- The Community Organizing for Action: May (Week 2-3)
- Advancing the Role of Women: June (Week 2-3)
- Community Journalism: July (Week 2-3)
Applicants must be:
- YSEALI Members (register at yseali.state.gov)
- Ages between 18 – 35 (at the time of application and semester)
- Citizen and currently residing in one of the following YSEALI countries: Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste or Vietnam
- If you are a citizen of one of the YSEALI countries but you are currently residing outside of ASEAN or Timor-Leste, you may apply if you plan on returning to Southeast Asia
- Passionate with self-discipline to commit to the online learning and have a keen interest in building a network through collaboration and partnership with other Southeast Asian countries
- Must commit to the full duration of the online courses
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Must commit to interact in the small group breakout room sessions during the courses. Failure to do so will result in the ineligibility to receive a certificate of completion
- Has completed the prerequisite YSEALI Learns course: Strategies for Personal Growth and Development (3 sessions) and must send the certificate as proof of completion
How Can I Enroll?
Enroll before April 20, 2022. Please note that:
- The sessions are fully virtual and you are expected to attend and interact in all the lessons to graduate the course.
- These courses are fully funded
- Selected participants will be notified by the latest May 05, 2022.
- Please note that this course has limited seats available.
For questions, please contact email@example.com