In honor of Women’s History Month, celebrated in the United States, the U.S. Mission to ASEAN is offering you an opportunity to create a short video for our YouTube channel that meets the criteria described below.
We hope this will be an opportunity for YSEALI alumni to gain new supporters/volunteers/participants for any of your initiatives.
- This video can be a very quick and easy recording on your phone with just you talking (although if you want to dance or sing, that would be fine too). We don’t expect or need Hollywood-level production. Think simple! However, your video must be ready for immediate upload to our YouTube page.
- Video Format: Landscape.
- Duration: Between 1 to 3 minutes.
- Music: Do not include any music.
- In your video, you must clearly say your name and the name of your organization.
- In the video, you must quote a famous U.S. woman. We have provided dozens of possible quotations here (hyperlink: https://asean.usmission.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/77/Sample-quotations.pdf)
- Must be in English.
- You must be a YSEALI program alumni (Not an alumni yet? Click here to learn how to become one).
- In your video, you may not ask for donations of any kind or advertise a business. Your video must be intended to find volunteers for a community improvement endeavor and/or participation in your organization’s activities or workshops.
- By sending your video you have agreed that this video will be owned in full by YSEALI.
“Hello, everyone! I am Jane/John Doe and I want you to know about my group, Save the Sea Turtles. We have lots of opportunities for you to help us save sea turtles from extinction. Look for our webpage/email/social media page in the description of this video below. Groups like mine are inspired by U.S. leaders. Today, I want to recite the words of Susan Wojcicki, the CEO of Youtube — “Rarely are opportunities presented to you in a perfect way. In a nice little box with a yellow bow on top. ‘Here, open it, it’s perfect. You’ll love it.’ Opportunities – the good ones – are messy, confusing and hard to recognize. They’re risky. They challenge you.”
How do I submit?
Feel welcome to use any quotation, just remember you must be quoting a woman and a U.S. citizen (alive or dead). Please note that if we find too many submissions include the same quotation, we may ask you to submit a second video.
Submit your completed video to email@example.com with the subject, “YSEALI Short Video Submission 2021.” The last day to submit is March 15. In your email, please include the following:
- Your full name.
- YSEALI program of which you were a part.
- Include a link or email address where people can get more information about your group Please note that we will select videos that meet our standard requirements. Selected videos will be up on YSEALI’s YouTube page to celebrate Women’s History Month.