Section 1. Background and Introduction
The ASEAN Senior Officials Meeting on Youth (SOMY) is pleased to announce a video contest entitled “What does the ASEAN Community Mean to Youth?” This contest is supported by the U.S. Government through the U.S Mission to ASEAN and the ASEAN Foundation.
We are seeking your creative and inspiring story about what the ASEAN Community means to youth in a storyboard that will be transformed into a two minute video. Get creative for a chance to participate in an expert-led filmmaking workshop in Singapore to make your video and win cash prizes!
Section 2. Eligibility, Rules and Application Package
- The competition is open only to citizens from ASEAN Member States (AMS): Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.
- Candidates must be aged 18 to 30 years old at the time of final submission May 15th, 2015.
- Each entry must clearly and creatively demonstrate the theme: “What does the ASEAN Community Mean to Youth?”
- One storyboard entry per participant.
- Storyboards must be in English and be designed for a video not longer than 2 minutes.
- Entries depicting violence, sexism, racism, or other content deemed to advocate curtailment of the rights of others will be disqualified.
- By entering the Contest, the participant represents, acknowledges, and warrants that the submitted storyboard is an original work created solely by the entrant, that the storyboard does not infringe on copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity.
- By submitting an entry to the video contest, participants agree to grant ASEAN, USAID, and the U.S. Mission to ASEAN the right to reproduce, distribute, display, and create derivative works of the entry in any media at any time.
- Please find the guidelines and template on how to create your storyboard below under “ASEAN Youth Video Contest Storyboard Guidelines.”
Section 3. Timeline/Process
|Storyboard submissions due by email to email@example.com||May 15th, 2015|
|Storyboard evaluations begin||May 18th, 2015|
|Top 10 storyboards selected by the panel||May 22nd, 2015|
|Creators of selected storyboards informed||May 25th, 2015|
|Creators of top 10 storyboards participate in Singapore workshop to produce their videos||June 8th – 11th, 2015|
|Videos from the workshop shared on the ASEAN Secretariat YouTube account for public viewing||July 1st – 31st, 2015|
|The top three winners selected by the panel, winner to be announced at the ASEAN Day Ceremony||August 2015|
|Prizes awarded||August 2015|
Section 4. Final Selection and Prizes
Selection criteria for the storyboard and final video, prioritized by the judging panel:
- Adherence to the theme: clearly and creatively represents the theme “What Does the ASEAN Community Mean to Youth?” and offers positive youth perspectives on the ASEAN Community.
- Originality and creativity: unique and not derivative of other ideas, presents the theme in an original and compelling way.
- Viewer impact: conveys personal or aspirational thoughts that are inspiring to viewers.
- Overall execution: reflects thoughtful framing and composition, presenting a clear story and is well-paced and focused (for videos, has a clear and audible soundtrack and/or voice-over).
- Visual techniques: visually appealing to viewers through composition and technique, using appropriate effects (video).
- Prizes for the top three videos are:
1st Place: $1,000
2nd Place: $750
3rd Place: $500
For details on how to enter the contest please click this link: PDF