Deadline is extended to October 7, 2016
Background and Introduction
The ASEAN Senior Officials Meeting on Youth (SOMY) is pleased to announce the 2nd Annual ASEAN Youth Video contest focused on the theme of “volunteerism” in the ASEAN Community. This contest is supported by the U.S. Government through the United States Agency for International Development and the U.S Mission to ASEAN and the ASEAN Foundation.
What does volunteerism in the ASEAN Community mean to you? We want to know! To enter the contest submit your 30-second video to the website below: www.aseanyouthvideocontest2016.com
Be creative! The top 10 entries will be selected to participate in an expert-led filmmaking workshop in Singapore and be eligible to win cash prizes!
Eligibility, Rules, and Copyright
- The competition is open to amateur filmmakers (not currently employed in the video production profession), who are citizens of ASEAN Member States (AMS)—Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam—and who currently reside in an ASEAN country.
- The contest is designed for aspiring filmmakers and interested youth. In the past, small teams have contributed to the design, development, and staging of video entries. This is acceptable, however, if a team works to produce a video, only one member of the team will be eligible to participate in the expert training event and receive cash prizes.
- Candidates must be aged 18 to 30 years old at the time of final submission on September 30, 2016.
Entry and Selection Rules
- Each short video entry must clearly and creatively address the theme of “Volunteerism in the ASEAN Community” in 30 seconds or less.
- Entries depicting violence, sexism, racism, or other inappropriate content, including messaging deemed to advocate curtailment of the rights of others, will be disqualified.
- A video production workshop for 10 selected finalists will be held in Singapore. Only one participant for each of the selected top 10 videos are allowed to participate in the workshop.
- Selected finalists attending the video production workshop must have a valid passport allowing them to travel to Singapore.
- Entries are limited to one video per individual or team.
- Each individual or team is strongly encouraged to have a Facebook account for ease of communication with the trainer and other participants.
- By entering the contest, participants acknowledge and guarantee that the submitted video is an original work created solely by the entrant and that it does not infringe on copyrights; trademarks; and the rights of privacy, publicity, or intellectual property rights of any person or entity.
- By submitting an entry to the video contest, participants agree to grant ASEAN, the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), and the U.S. Mission to ASEAN the right to reproduce, distribute, display, and create derivative works of the entry in any media at any time.
Final Selection and Prizes
Selection criteria for the video, prioritized by the judging panel:
- Adherence to the theme: The video clearly and creatively represents the theme of Volunteerism in the ASEAN Community through positive youth perspectives.
- Originality and creativity: The content is unique and not derivative of other ideas and presents the theme in an original and compelling way.
- Potential Viewer impact: The video conveys personal or aspirational thoughts that are inspiring to viewers.
- Overall execution: The video reflects thoughtful framing and composition, presenting a clear story, is well-paced and focused, and has a clear and audible soundtrack and/or voice-over.
- Visual techniques: The visual content is appealing to viewers through composition and technique, using appropriate effects.
- Cash prizes for the top three videos include:
1st Place: $1,000
2nd Place: $750
3rd Place: $500
CONTACT INFORMATION: If you have questions regarding the 2nd Annual ASEAN Youth Video Contest, please contact: email@example.com